5th International Symposium on Development and Application of
Semiconductor Tracking Detectors
The first circular
June 14, Monday Morning
8:30 Registration and Opening Address
9:00 Historical overview of semiconductor tracking detectors
9:40 Silicon micro-strip detector simulations/technology
10:50 Coffee break/Poster session
12:10 Silicon drift detectors
12:30 Lunch break/Poster session
June 14, Monday Afternoon
14:00$B!!(B Large system applications - Lessons learned
15:30 Tea break/Poster session
16:10 Large system applications - Lessons learned, continue
16:55 Discussion on Lessons learned
June 15, Tuesday Morning
10:50 Coffee break/Poster session
11:30 Radiation tolerant materials
13:00 Lunch break/Poster session
June 15, Tuesday Afternoon
15:40 Tea break/Poster session
16:20 Hybrid technologies/Interconnects
18:30 Symposium Dinner
June 16, Wednesday Morning
9:00 Space Applications
10:40 Coffee Break/Poster session
11:20 Space Applications, continue.
June 16, Wednesday Afternoon
Excursion (including lunch)
June 17, Thursday Morning
9:00 Medical applications
10:25 Coffee break
11:05 Future Applications in HEP
12:05 Lunch break
June 17, Thursday Afternoon
13:30 New Ideas & Future Technologies
15:40 Closing Remarks
One page summary of a contribution paper should be submitted by the end of April. In order to encourage interactions and discussions among the participants, all contribution papers are to be presented in poster sessions. The program committee will select representative papers for oral presentation in addition to the poster sessions. Contribution papers are, after peer reviews, to be published in the proceedings of symposium as a NIM special issue along with previous symposiums.
Dead line of summary submission: April 30
Submission form: e-mail attached file, MS-word or PDF
If you need an invitation letter of the organizing committee to attend the symposium, please contact Takashi Ohsugi, Nobu Unno, or Hartmut Sadrozinski.
Hiroshima city is located at the west part of Japan, about one hour flight from Tokyo or two and half hour by train from the Kansai/Osaka international airport. The symposium will be held in Hotel Essor Hiroshima, close to the city central, five hundred meters to the down town area and one kilometer to the Hiroshima JR train station.
In Hiroshima, you may wish to visit the Peace Memorial Park of Hiroshima and learn something. It is one and half kilometers from the symposium site. The Miyajima Island and the Itsukushima Shrine is a beautiful place.$B!!(BAbout 800 years old wooden galleria stands in seashore. Both the Peace Memorial Park and the Itsukushima shrine & old wooden galleria are selected as the World Heritage. As the symposium excursion, we plan to visit the island.
1) You may reserve a flight to the Hiroshima airport via the Tokyo/Narita airport. Only one flight is available from the Tokyo/Narita airport to the Hiroshima airport, ANA 3129 at 19:05. Many flights are available from the Tokyo/Haneda airport, but you need two hours or more to transit from Tokyo/Narita to Tokyo/Haneda airport. From the Hiroshima airport to the Hiroshima city (JR train station), a limousine bus service (\1365) is available.
2) When you arrive at the Kansai/Osaka international airport, you may take the train, HARUKA limited express, from the airport to Osaka. Then you should transfer at the Shin-Osaka JR station to SHINKANSEN (bullet trains, named NOZOMI or HIKARI) from Osaka to Hiroshima. It takes about 2.5 hours from the airport to Hiroshima. If you have a plan to visit Kyoto or Nara after the symposium, the Kansai/Osaka airport is convenient. Kyoto and Nara is famous old towns, another site of the World Heritage.
Mid June may be in the rainy season and you would be better to bring an umbrella with you. It is warm and somewhat humid.
The registration fee is 10,000 yen, including the cost of proceedings and the excursion. The registration fee will be collected at the registration desk at the symposium site. Only the cash (Yen) will be accepted.
A symposium dinner is planned in the evening of second day. The cost will be 6,000 yen per person and not included in the registration fee. The dinner cost will be collected at the registration desk.
Symposium Registration & Hotels:
We request your registration and hotel request be made through e-mail by May 15th. However, the hotels in Hiroshima area are rather busy. We recommend that registration and hotel request would be send to us as soon as possible. Please fill the following form and send it by E-mail to
Registration (by May 15th)
Fax No. :
Title of the paper:
Authors of the paper:
Attendance of Dinner : yes or no, accompanying person?
Attendance of Excursion : yes or no, accompanying person?
Hotel request: (by May 15th)
Hotel name preferred
Room type, No. of accompanying persons
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Tokyu-INN : single 6500 - 9500 yen, comfortable single 10500 yen, twin 15200 -16200 yen (breakfast:1000yen), 7 minutes walk to the symposium site)
2) MITSUI Garden Hotel : single 7,800 - 8,800 yen, twin 20,000 - 25,000 yen (breakfast not included, 10 minutes walk to the conference site)
3) Hotel 28 Hiroshima: single 6,000 yen, twin 10,500 yen (economy, no breakfast service), 5 minutes walk to the symposium site)
4) Essor Hiroshima (few rooms) : single 6,000 yen (no breakfast service)
5) Washington Hotel: single 8,700 yen, twin 16,170 yen (breakfast not included, 5 minutes walk)
A map of hotels will be shown in the symposium web site:
Web page: http://std.hepl.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/std